What is Financial Aid?
- Financial Aid refers to all kinds of financial support for POSTECH students during their research and study
- Financial Aid is classified as 1) fellowship, 2) assistantship and 3) other grants
General Regulations for Financial Aid
- Duplicated benefit from internal and external scholarship is allowed(external fellowship policy applies in prior)
- There is no upper limit of scholarship amount / person(external fellowship policy applies in prior)
- Achievement-based R/A: For the first semester at least the basic scholarship will be given to students, but from the second semester the granted amount may differ according to the individual achievement
- The duplication policy of scholarship and the amount can differ by each lab.
- The fellowship is scholarship given to students, which can be classified as internal and external.
- Internal fellowship is operated with the university fund, department fund, donation from external foundation, etc. The university selects the scholar and grants the scholarship.
- External fellowship scholar is selected by external institute such as the government and external foundation. The external institute grants scholarship to the student directly or send the scholarship expense to university to grant each student.
(As of 24 Feb 2022)
|Fellowship||Granting Institute||Eligibility||Scholarship Benefit||Useful Website|
|POSCO Asia Fellowship||POSCO TJ Park Foundation||Asian students who are applying for Masters or Doctoral Degree||
|Global Korea Scholarship(GKS)||National Institute for International Education(NIIED)||Applicants who meets NIIED’s eligibility and POSTECH’s English proficiency level(please check admission guide)||
|Vingroup Scholarship||Vingroup||Refer to https://scholarships.vinuni.edu.vn/masters-ph-d-scholarship-program/||
|Settlement Allowance||POSTECH||Newly accepted students who has not lived in Korea for past 6 months before admission||
- The assistantship is granted for the participation in teaching, research and administrative work done by graduate school students, and it is classified as 1) teaching assistantship(TA), 2) research assistantship(RA), 3) adminstrative assistantship.
2022 Regular TA/RA Scholarship (per month)
|Program||Tuition Fee (per month)||Living Allowance (per month)||Total (per month)|
- The actual amount can differ by each lab.
- Each advisor can decide to grant additional allowance.
- TA/RA Scholarship is granted every 25th of each month.(if it is holiday, the scholarship will be given on day before.)
- A student who receive academic warning for previous semester, one will not be given with the scholarship for next one semester. (except the labor cost)
- All other financial aids except the fellowship and TA/RA scholarship.